Giesswein Ammern Ocean Wool Slipper
Ultra comfort meets durable support.
Giesswein bring the classic open-back mule shape to a new level, adding the support of an anatomical footbed and the insulating but breathable coziness of boiled wool. The outsoles are dipped in natural latex—never synthetically glued—for a long lasting, non-skid base that is environmentally friendly. Edge-free interior seams treat your feet to luxurious Comfort from all angles—you won’t want to take them off!
- high-level arch support (metatarsal and medial)
- removable natural rubber/natural jute/recycled carbon footbed
- moisture-wicking, breathable, 100% natural boiled wool upper naturally regulates body temperature
- never itchy, scratchy, or sweaty
- natural latex-dipped outsole with vegetable dyes is non-marking, flexible, and water-resistant
- patented outsole uses no synthetic chemicals or glues
- accommodates third-party orthotics
- seam-free interior hugs the foot with no irritation or chafing
- made in Austria
Footbeds for Houseshoes
A high level of arch support with subtle cushioning.
This Ultra-Comfort boiled wool-lined footbed is specifically designed for our collection of indoor houseshoes. A cushioned midsole material gives you just enough cushion to feel cozy, while also offering a firm enough arch support (medial and metatarsal) to help keep you aligned and energized on your feet all day long. The proprietary blend of materials ensures that the footbed flexes dynamically with your foot (and Giesswein houseshoe) each step of the way. In keeping with our philosophy of keeping you (and our shoes) as natural as possible, no synthetic glues or cements are present here. Only four natural materials go into these footbeds: wool, rubber, recycled carbon, and natural jute.
Naturally odor-resistant and machine washable insole:
- separate footbed from shoe
- place footbed in washing machine (preferably using a delicates bag)
- wash cold, gentlest cycle (only mild, natural detergent, if necessary, for tough soils)
- no fabric softener; no machine drying
- allow to air-dry overnight